The Moravian Church (Brødremenighedens Kirke)
The Moravian Church (Brødremenighedens Kirke) has Denmark’s largest church interior without supporting pillars. The church can accommodate around 1,000 people.
It was consecrated on 13 August 1777, and 20 years later the two side wings were added. Like other houses in the town, the church is a protected building. After its restoration, the church now has the appearance of a mansion, with a black roof and copper-coated spire.
The church interior is very simple. The large room is completely white, and there is no altar, font or pictures. The only decoration consists of the old handmade chandeliers dating to 1776. The wooden floor is sanded and untreated. There is no pulpit, just a liturgy table.
The large Marcussen organ from 1865 has 20 stops.
All are welcome to participate in the church services and ceremonies.
To arrange a guided tour of the church, please contact Visit Christiansfeld - tel: +45 74 56 16 30.