Bust of General Bülow

Photo: VisitFredericia
Attractions
Monuments
Adresse

Vendersgade 30 C

7000 Fredericia

Contact

On July 6th, 1859 a bust of Danish army General Bülow was erected in the square between the old town hall (Meldahls Town Hall) and Sct. Michaelis Church. General Bülow was given command of the Danish troops in April 1849. He was the man behind a famous military and strategic manoeuvre which lead to Danish victory in the battle of Fredericia on July 6th, 1849.

In 1880 a triumphal arch was added to the bust. 

Adresse

Vendersgade 30 C

7000 Fredericia

Last updated by
VisitFredericia