The history of the manor house of Trudsholm, goes all the way back to the middle ages, but the current buildings are from 1600-1700. The manor house is located at the end of a meadow, where they used to keep steers, and a part of the meadow still goes under the name ‘Steers-area’. The steers was the main source of income and in 1688 the farm had 112 steers in the meadows.
Trudsholm is located on a hill and surrounded by moats, which was most likely not made to defend the place, but more to show power.
By appointment only