It is not specified when the eldest part of the church was built.
It was built in Romanesque style of red(now white washed) medieval large bricks. The present joining timber tower was built in 1744. Altarpiece is of early baroque style from around 1650. On the western side of the nave, there is a special corner from the old days, where pregnant un-married young girls were put on parade.