Kjellerup

Photo: VisitSilkeborg
Attractions
Buildings and townscapes
Adresse

8620 Kjellerup

Contact
Kjellerup was founded in 1859, when the road between Silkeborg and Viborg was built. “Kjel” is an old word for “spring” and “rup” means “hilltop”. Kjellerup lies 17 km north of Silkeborg and has approximately 14,000 inhabitants. The town is built around an old marketplace on Torvet (the town square) and the old courthouse from 1903. Local attractions include Blicheregnens Museum, Søndergaards Have garden and Hørup church, located in the north-eastern part of Kjellerup.
Adresse

8620 Kjellerup

Last updated by
VisitAarhus, Silkeborg