Sct. Knuds Kilde - Hjørring

SCT. KNUDS KILDE (St Knud's Spring) in Hjørring is a large ornamental park with woods and ponds located in a rolling terrain.

The Holy Spring dating back to the 12th Century which was still visited up until 1880. The Spring eventually ran dry, but the area was re-landscaped and the hills were planted with beech trees in 1903-1905.

In 1909 there were 22 memorial stones erected.
An open-air theatre was built in 1942 and was renovated in 1992.

Now Hjørring Sommerspil hold their annual Play during June/July.

Children are allowed to fish in the ponds